If you really love your pet, you think of him/her as a part of your family. They’re our best friends, so we need to take care of them.
Feeding your dog is no different than feeding yourself. You have complete control over what he eats. It might be easier and cheaper for him to eat the doggie equivalent of junk food, but that isn’t always the healthiest option for him.
You should give your family member the best, and organic pet food is one of the most effective ways to provide them with the nutrients they need. It’s important to keep your dog healthy, and making sure they live the longest and happiest life should be the goal.
3 Best Organic Dog Foods
Finding the right brand of organic dog food may require some trial and error. There are three of the top options that you definitely need to check out.
Castor & Pollux Organix Organic Puppy & Small Breed Dry Dog Food
Castor and Pollux ORGANIX Grain Free Small Dog Food Recipe, Organic Dog Food – 4 lb. Bag
- One (1) 4lb bag of Castor and Pollux grain free small dog food recipe, organic dog food
- USDA organic certified grain-free dry dog food for small puppies that is made with organic chickens raised without any added growth hormone or antibiotics
- Natural dog food that has a blend of superfood ingredients, including organic flax seed, organic blueberries, and organic sweet potatoes
- This recipe for homemade non-GMO dog food contains no artificial preservatives or flavors and is made without corn or wheat, soy, chick peas or lentils.
- This organic grain free food for dogs also contains prebiotic fibers which help support healthy digestion.
Contrary to the word “puppy” in the name, Castore & Polluce Organix is suitable for any age of a dog. It’s more suited for smaller breeds. Bigger dogs should eat this when they’re puppies but should be switched to something different once they grow up.
Everyone who eats this loves it, especially with that nice chicken forming the base. However, it doesn’t sit well with every dog, but it works for some dogs. This food is easy to give a try, but be careful to ensure that your puppy is properly acclimating to it.
- It’s tasty for your dog.
- Lots of nutrition means smaller portions.
- Probiotics help with your dog’s digestive health.
- Only small dogs (and puppies)
- Some dogs don’t like the taste of certain foods even though they enjoy eating them.
- More expensive (0.28 per ounce).
Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach, High Protein Adult Dry Dog Food
Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach Dog Food With Probiotics for Dogs, Salmon & Rice Formula – 30 lb. Bag
- (1) 30 pounds Bag – Purina® Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach Dog Food With Probiotics for dogs, salmon and rice formula
- Oatmeal is easy to digest and gentle on the digestive tract.
- A high protein formula, made with real salmon as the very first ingredient.
- Live probiotic supplements help strengthen your gut microbiome and support your immune system.
- Used to be known by the name Focus Sensitive Skin and Stomache Salmon and Rice Formula
Purina is one the most well-established pet food brands, and they take pride in their organic offerings. This food is excellent for dogs that have sensitive stomachs and helps with skin conditions.
This particular brand of Pro Plan is made using Salmon, which is incredibly healthy for your dog. Organic dog food is quite expensive, but it’s worth paying for.
- Tasty for your pet
- Lots of nutrition and lots of probiotics
- It’s cheaper than other options.
- It helps with other health conditions
- Even sensitive stomachs will be able to handle it.
- Avoiding grains and wheat
- Salmon smells fishy because it contains high levels of mercury.
- May cause your dog to have some gas.
Tender & True Organic Chicken & Liver Recipe Dog Food
Tender & True Organic Chicken & Liver Recipe Dog Food, 4 lb
- USDA Organic Certified chicken 4 lb
- #1 ingredient is organic chicken from cage free chickens.
- Grain-free Recipe
- Avoiding these foods will help you lose weight.
- A balanced formula for every stage of life
Tender & True Organic Chicken & Liver is nice because it’s good for either puppies or fully grown dogs. It has no grains or wheat inside, and it’s made from chicken. Your dog will love it!
It’s designed for small dogs because they need less of it than larger dogs. So, if you have a large dog, you might want to give them a bigger portion. It’s not just one of the most expensive organic dog foods, it’s also one that has some of the highest quality ingredients.
- A good source of vitamins and minerals for easy digestion
- Even picky animals enjoy eating it.
- Cats also enjoy this product.
- Does not cause any issues such as gas or diarrhea.
- More expensive than some others (0.33 an ounce)
- Smaller kibble size means you need to buy larger amounts of food for bigger dogs.
Choosing the Best Organic Dog Food
There are many different types of organic dog food, and these are just some examples. It can be difficult to find the right food for your pet, but it’ s necessary to keep them healthy
What to Look for in Organic Dog Food
There are many aspects to good organic dog food, but only a couple that need to be taken into consideration. If you don’t know which foods are healthy and which aren’t, memorizing ingredients won’t help you much.
Most dog foods are pretty good at telling you which size dog they’re meant for, but that isn’t always the case. The bigger the dog, the larger the kibble size needs be. This prevents choking by forcing your dog to chew its food.
Buying food for a larger dog is also going to be expensive if you have a smaller one. Organic foods require more food, and they’re not the cheapest. Some foods meant for puppies may also contain too many nutrients that your larger, older dog doesn’t need anymore.
The main ingredient should be a really good source of protein. Grains are usually okay, but grain-free is typically the best option.
Probiotics are also good for dogs, especially if they have a sensitive stomach. Keeps food down by making sure it doesn’t go into your dog’s stomach.
What to Look for in a Dog Food Company
The way a company treats their animals directly impacts the type of food they offer to its dog. If you find a company that offers quality products, then you can browse through its multiple products without worrying about any issues later down the road
The U.S. Department of Agriculture knows what it’s talking about. If a dog food is USDA certified, then that is definitely a big plus for it. They don’t tend to certify companies that make products that will make your dog sick.
The best dog foods companies will have a good support system for any issues or questions If they lack this feature, then looking for another option may be the best idea Good communication can be critical if the health of your pet is at stake.
While it costs considerably more than standard dog food, choosing organic dog food is much better for your pet in the longer run. There are lots of different options to consider, and the three featured choices aren’t the only ones you should look into.
Finding the right food for your dog comes down to finding the right brand and then looking at their specific products. If you’re USDA certified, having a good line of communication is a great feature. It can help you avoid further heartache if something goes wrong.
Good ingredients are important, but companies won’t hide them from you. If you want to find a good pick, start by giving your dog smaller portions to see if he/she likes it. Before buying anything, always look at customer reviews.